Saturday, January 28, 2012

The night before the Tinkerbell Half

Sandra & I...after 30 years!
Well, I'm just writing a quick post before going to bed super early for the half marathon tomorrow morning. It's been a great day starting off with meeting up with one of my besties from high school, Sandra, and having lunch at Brennan's at Downtown Disney. Then the Tinkerbell Half Marathon Facebook group meetup at Compass Book in Downtown Disney...it's great to be able to put faces to names after all the online communication we've been doing! It was a great bunch of people who I now consider friends and whom I hope to run into (nearly literally) while continuing on my running journey. Lastly the Team in Training Inspiration Dinner was fantastic! Amazing stories, amazing people...really good food too!

Tinkerbell Half Marathon Facebook Group Meetup
I've loaded up my Fuel Belt with 3 packets of thinned Gu Chocolate Outrage gel, grape G2, water and some Clif Shot Bloks just in case. My ensemble is all set up so I shouldn't forget anything although I have to fill out the back of my bib with my safety information. Our chapter is meeting in the lobby at 3:45am...race starts at 5:45 am. I made sure that the husband (who was a good sport and took probably 15 cameras and shot pics for our group meetup and held the meetup sign) is all set up with the top of the line ChEAR Squad package (breakfast, prime seating, luxury portapotties and lounge at the starting/finishing lines) so he should be good for the day while I run.

After the run the plan is an ice bath, maybe the pool, food and Disneyland for as long as I can remain standing. Then a quick sleep and back to New Mexico early Monday. It's a great weekend so far! Good night and wish me luck tomorrow!

100 Days Challenge:

  • 30 minute round trip walk from hotel to Downtown Disney + walking around Downtown Disney an addition 1+ hour
What I Ate Today:
  • Yoplait Peach Yogurt
  • Corn Pops pre-measured bowl
  • 1 pint non fat milk
  • 72 oz water
  • 40 oz G2
  • Shrimp Cobb Po' Boy
  • ~½ cup coleslaw
  • ~2 cups Oriental Salad
  • ½ cup marinated mushrooms
  • ~2 cups p
  • ¼ cup meat sauce
  • 1 Roll with ½ pat of butter
  • ~3oz grilled chicken breast
  • ~1 cup steamed vegetables
  • Lemon bar with raspberry sauce
Wow! That was a lot of food!!;)





No comments:

Post a Comment