Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Just about done cooking!

Bottom half of freezer.
Well, I started cooking again today. I managed to get the Skinny Rosemary Potato Soup and Skinny Broccoli Cheese Soup done and in the freezer (barely). I also got the meat filling for the Pork and Shrimp Won Ton and Swedish meatballs all mixed up and ready to go tomorrow. I'll flash freeze the won tons in packs of about 15 for a meal sized serving. The Swedish meatballs will also have to be put into Ziplock bags with the sauce...that means that before they can be reheated the bag will have to sit in hot water to thaw a little in order to be poured into a bowl for reheating. The same will go for the taco meat that's currently cooking overnight in the crock pot.

I had to take 2 shelves out to fit
 this much food in the freezer.
Now that almost everything is in there,
the light is no longer visible.
We have a side by side fridge-freezer so that means very limited storage in the freezer side. I guess I was too optimistic before I started cooking thinking that everything would fit into the freezer without a problem. Here are some pics of what the freezer looked like...before the soups were added in.



Top shelf.
At last count, I have well over 40 meals in the freezer right now (I'll end up with about 70 meals) and that doesn't include the items that are still waiting to be fixed! The old man and I don't necessarily eat both lunch and dinner every day so all this food should last us at least into the beginning of February...no need to eat out other then when we go out of town this month!

We do have a small upright freezer out in the garage that hasn't been plugged in since we moved into the house 4 years ago so I think it's probably time to check it out and see if it still works. Maybe if it does I'll get some room back in the side by side! :)

100 Days Challenge:
  • Day 4: 50 minutes activity at physical therapy - 10 minutes on recumbent stepper, remaining time stretching, leg/hip specific exercises, balancing exercises, jumper machine. Additional 15 minutes on diathermy (RF/HF heat application).

What I Ate Today:
  • 20 oz non-fat, lactose free milk
  • 1 Eggie in a Basket (slice of fried whole wheat toast with a fried egg in a circle in the center)
  • 2 Caribbean Jerk chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
  • 3½ c white rice
  • 2 c green beans
  • 20 oz G2
  • 4 small Clementine oranges
  • 5 oz shrimp scampi
  • 3/4 c mixed veggies

No comments:

Post a Comment