Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Santa Fe Half Century ...yikes!

Yeah, well, the website for the Santa Fe Century Ride has finally gone live (a few days later than expected). I was able to take a look at the course for the half century (50 mile) loop finally. The distance isn't what scares me most, it's the ascent! You'd think that they'd make things just a little more pleasant by doing a descent at the end of the ride, but no...there's about a 1,150 foot ascent in the last 20 miles of the ride. My quads are already hurting!! lol! I've already committed myself, in my head, to this ride. I will do this although I will have to figure out how to get the hill work in since there are basically no hills here. Looks like 2012 is going to be a year of firsts as I plan to do my first sprint duathlon about 15 days before this ride. As soon as I'm back for Tinkerbell cycling training begins in earnest...after I get some slicks to convert my mountain bike to more of a road bike. That surely will make the ride just a bit easier!

The hubs and I are doing a dog rescue transport this weekend to Santa Fe...I guess we'll take the extra time to drive the route just to see how terrifying the ascent really is. Of course, it'll be a totally different aspect from the inside of an Explorer versus being on a bike, but at least we'll know somewhat what to expect.

Santa Fe Half Century Ride

Santa Fe Half Century Ride

Course for half century ride. Looks like a 1000' descent in the 
first 20 miles and ~1150' ascent in the last 30 miles.

100 Days Challenge:
  • Day 11:  55 minutes at PT - 8 mins recumbent stepper, 10 minutes treadmill (0.73 miles), Bosu ball stability/balance exercises, jumper machine, stretches/exercises
  • 5 mile treadmill run in 1:11:37
What I Ate Today:
  • 12 oz non-fat, lactose free milk
  • 2 oranges
  • 1 3/4 cups Rosemary potato soup
  • 1 cup Jambalya Combo (chicken, shrimp, sausage)
  • 1 ½ cup white rice
  • 1 3/4 cups Texas style beef chili
  • 2 Tbsp Fiesta blend shredded cheese
  • 20 oz G2

No comments:

Post a Comment