Friday, January 6, 2012

Can you say Zumba?

Yes! It's finally happened!! After nearly 3 months of absolutely no Zumba I have been cleared by my physical therapist to go ahead and give it a gingerly try again. Of course, I'll have to wear my SI belt while doing so. I have been instructed to avoid anything that may jar my pelvis out of alignment again such as jumping on one leg. The timing couldn't have been better since I'm hosting a Zumbathon for the American Cancer Society tomorrow morning. Since the planning for this event was relatively short notice (less than a month), I'm hoping that we have at least half the turnout that I did for the last one in November. At least this time I'll be able to actually Zumba with the rest of the crowd. It was so sad last time because I had to stand or sit on the wings and either dance around in my chair or kinda semi-Zumba while standing up. I am definitely excited!! Maybe with the next one I'll finally be able to teach. I got my license to teach Zumba back in September, but with the injury and the training I haven't had a chance to practice except for a week or two.

I think I've got everything ready to go. Water and Gatorade are in the cooler in the car; mini donuts and bananas are in the car; oranges are in the house and need to be sliced; pens, tape, plates, cables boxed up; gym towels drying. Let's see, there are a couple of to do's left:

  1. Print up more waivers
  2. Print up more registration forms
  3. Get ice
  4. Print up some signs for the doors (one arrow pointing towards registration, two for entry way doors
  5. Pack a cutting board and knife for the bananas
Let's see. I think that should be it. I think I'll call this post good for today. Wish me a fun and busy Zumbathon tomorrow! (And a 10 mile run afterwards!)

100 Days Challenge:

  • Day 6: 50 minutes in PT (8 mins recumbent stepper, 10 minutes treadmill at 4-5 mph, Bosu ball, stretches, jumper machine, 


What I Ate Today:


  • 4 small pieces of toffee (Honest! They were small, no more than an 1" x 1")
  • 1 3/4 cups Texas Style Beef Chili
  • ~1 cup Tostitos Scoops
  • 2 Tbsp Fiesta Mix shredded cheese
  • 24 oz non-fat lactose free milk
  • 1 3/4 cups Skinny Rosemary Potato Soup
  • 20 oz G2
  • 2 small Clementine oranges
I really need to start hydrating more!

No comments:

Post a Comment