Sunday, January 22, 2012

Football: A renewed love?

My friends know that I'm not a huge sports person. Heck, the only time I really got into any sports was football in high school. It wasn't just the asses of the guys in their football pants or the crushes at the time, but it was part school pride, a year of being in marching band and just the sheer excitement of the games with our arch rival Hogan High (RIP...now a middle school) and Vintage High. Other than that I never really paid much attention to pro football aside from a few games while Joe Montana was playing for the San Francisco 49ers.

Even though I'm not a football fan, I do have my loyalty to the 49ers. We won't talk about that other team that was in the Bay Area, moved to SoCal and then had the nerve to move back to the Bay Area. They lost my respect when they left! So, for the first time in a couple of decades I decided to watch the NFC Championship game between the 49ers and Giants. It was a good game, a true nail biter. I was yelling at the TV, cursing and probably just short of throwing things sometimes!! lol! Unfortunately, my team lost with some sloppy plays and passes...but still it was a good game.

In the meantime I've remembered just how engrossed I used to get in the high school games. Pretty much like I did today. My throat is sore, my dogs were hiding during the game due to my yelling at the TV, my head hurts and I have no energy to do my exercise for the day. But even with all that, maybe next season I'll start watching the 49ers games on a regular basis. It was fun...even if it was only me watching the game (the husband doesn't do sports at all).

100 Days Challenge:

  • 33 minutes of PT exercises/stretches

What I Ate Today:

  • 2½ pancakes with Mrs. Buttersworth's syrup
  • 2 sausage patties
  • 12 oz non-fat, lactose free milk
  • 2 oranges
  • 20 oz G2
  • 1½ cups Texas style beef chili
  • 2 Tbsp Fiesta blend shredded cheese
  • 2 cups Tostitos Scoops

No comments:

Post a Comment