Monday, January 9, 2012

It's gonna busy at the land of Disney!

With it being 19 days out from my trip to Disneyland to run in the Tinkerbell Half Marathon, there's a lot of questions that are popping into my mind and not enough time to do everything that I want to do while I'm there. I have this elaborate schedule planned out of how my 3 days in the land of Disney will go. Some of it meeting an old friend, some of it meeting new friends, events associated with Team in Training and hitting up the Expo. I got word from my coach that there's even more to add to the plate which I should become aware of once I receive my TNT jersey and jacket in a couple of days. My immediate thought is...when? I need about 2-3 more hours added to the day! lol! Here's my schedule so far:

Friday-
1:30pm - Arrive at LAX
3:30pm - Arrive at hotel via shuttle
4pm - Be at the Expo at the Disneyland Hotel

Saturday-
11:30am - Lunch with a high school friend I haven't seen in 30 years!
3:30pm - Meet up with members of the Tinkerbell Half Marathon Facebook group
5:30pm - Team in Training Inspiration Dinner
~9pm - TNT Team meeting
10pm - I hope to be tired enough to sleep since it'll be 11pm at home in NM

Sunday-
~3:30am - TNT Team meeting
5am (or earlier) - Be at the starting line in my corral
5:45am - Race starts (guessing that the last corral, where I am, won't go until closer to 6:30am)
10am - Finish the race (if not sooner)
11am - Recovery (protein) and ice bath, if needed
12:30pm - Disneyland for the day until I'm too tired to walk (haven't been there in over 15 years!)
2am - In bed!

Monday -
7am - Be at or at least headed to LAX for the flight home

I think I'm pretty good with what I'm actually packing for the race. Now I need to get things ready for my personal wardrobe. It's going to include Team in Training stuff, pixie wing shirts, jeans and maybe some running skorts to choose from if the weather is warm enough.

Still trying to decide when to bleach and dye my hair purple. Maybe tonight? Whenever I do, I'll post a pic! :)


100 Days Challenge:

  • Day 9: Attended Run/Cycle class at the YMCA. Mostly walked instead of run on the treadmill for 25 minutes since I ran 13+ miles yesterday. Spin/cycling for 26 minutes.


What I Ate Today:

  • 1 3/4 cup beef stew
  • 1½ oranges
  • 2 peanut butter cookie
  • 1 chocolate chip cookie
  • 12 oz non-fat, lactose free milk
  • 6 oz Swedish meatballs with gravy
  • 1½ cups mashed potatoes
  • 1 cup mixed vegetables
  • 1 banana
  • 20 oz G2
No breakfast...not good! Still need to work on drinking water! :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment