Sunday, January 1, 2012

What a way to start 2012!

Happy New Year!
Well, today I chose to welcome in the new year with an 8 mile run! Never would I have ever thought I'd do something like that. I basically followed the same route that I did my 10 miler on last week but just cut it short at the 4 mile turnaround. I also did this as part of a virtual race that I hosted as a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. This race raised $510 towards my $2,000 goal. If I am able to raise that goal, I'm so definitely going to be shaving my head at the May 11th Relay for Life here in town.
Just as an aside, I logged approximately 192 miles since September, not including the first two months when I wasn't recording my runs. Whoohoo!!

Additionally I started the second half of my month's worth of cooking. It was a very late start...not until 4pm but it did manage to get Orange Honey Tofu, Crock Pot Mongolian Beef and Skinny Chicken Zucchini Ziti done. I had planned to make Swedish Meatballs, wontons, Skinny Rosemary Soup and Skinny Broccoli Cheddar Soup but my legs were just so tired from the run that I just didn't have the energy to keep cooking plus I forgot to defrost shrimp for the wontons. So all those items are waiting to be done tomorrow...my two day cooking adventure is going to be a three day adventure instead! lol!

I've also joined John Bingham's 100 Days Challenge where members pledge to do 30 minutes of planned activity for 100 days straight. I had started a very similar challenge with some friends on Facebook that started back on October 24th and is to finish on February 1st. I'm not doing so well in that challenge so I'm hoping for a better result with this new challenge. This new challenges ends on April 10th...wow, that seems like a long way away! I'm looking at doing a Boot Camp on Monday, Wednesday & Fridays at 8am, plus restarting Zumba as soon as PT says I can and then I'll be starting yoga and aqua aerobics classes Monday through Thursdays at the community college on January 17th. Hopefully I'll be able to meet the challenge! :)

100 Days Challenge:
  • Day 1:  8.1 Mile Long Run
What I Ate Today:
  • 1 Whole Wheat Bagel Thin with 2 Tbsp Skippy's Super Chunky Peanut Butter
  • Homemade French bread pizza on a white Bolillo roll with pepperoni (10 slices each half), Monterey Jack/Colby cheese (2 c total), pizza sauce (½ c)
  • Orange juice from concentrate 3 - 12 oz glasses
  • Lowfat chocolate milk - 12 oz
  • Clif Shot Energy Gel - Chocolate
  • G2 - 10 oz

No comments:

Post a Comment