Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The (cleaning) clock keeps ticking

I am a little over 24 hours away from leaving for California to head to Disneyland and my first half marathon. Actually I'm almost exactly 30 hours away from my departure from home. Of course, here I am doing the last minute cleaning as usual. Why is it when I go on trips, I don't actually get the house clean until the night before I leave? My great procrastination genes at work I suppose. I swear, I need to ask my sister if she has this problem too. I'm betting that it's a hereditary family trait!

Part of the problem is that I am just now getting around to personalizing my race jersey and training shirt (pics when they are done). I had my jersey done by a friend and had him press on die cut block letters for my name and "GO TEAM!" then I got it home today and decided that I wanted to add "Tinkerbell Half Marathon 2012" to the jersey as well. On my training shirt I made a freezer paper stencil of Tinkerbell and also added the "Tinkerbell Half Marathon 2012" on the back of it.

The kitchen and bedroom are pretty much done. All I need to do is wipe down the counters and stove in the kitchen and sweep/mop. In the bedroom I just need to change the sheets and wash the comforter. I probably should straighten up the master bathroom too since we're going to have the daughter stay in our room so that the K9s can sleep in there if she wants them too.

My dining room table is still a mess so I've got to work on that tonight & tomorrow as well as attempt to clear off my desk so that the daughter can use that computer (if it even works...haven't used the "new" computer in there in years; I bought it in 2007, it sat around in the box for almost a year and hasn't been used since I set it up I think!). Lastly I need to sweep, scrub and mop all the floors. Joy. That is definitely not my favorite task.

Does anyone know if there is a magic pill or a potion that will make me into a domestic diva who loves Zumba and running? Please?

Oh...and I still need to finish packing. Oy vey!

As of the posting of this blog post I have: 1 day, 6 hours, 46 mins until Disneyland

As of the posting of this blog post I have: 3 days, 7 hours, 31 mins until the Half Marathon!

100 Days Challenge:
  • 1.92 mile taper run in 24:37
  • Aqua Zumba class for 50:08

What I Ate Today:
  • 1 slice whole wheat, whole grain toast
  • 1 Tbsp Jif Reduced Fat peanut butter
  • 8 oz hot water with lemon
  • 40 oz G2
  • 2 small loaded baked potatoes 
  • 2 Tbsp butter
  • 2 Tbsp sour cream
  • 7 Tbsp Fiesta blend shredded cheese
  • 2 tsps freeze dried chives
  • 1 Tbsp imitation bacon bits
  • 3 cups Texas style beef chili
  • 2 oranges



No comments:

Post a Comment