Monday, January 23, 2012

Half Fanatic Wannabe

OK, I'm going to do it. I'm going to get crazy and try to join the Half Fanatics Club for sure. Yeah, I've mentioned the club in a previous post, but I was only thinking about it at the time. Now I am positive that I'm going to go for it. There are different levels of entry into the club based on how many official half marathons (HM), that's 13.1 miles, that you run in a period of time. Here is a breakdown of the first three levels:


NEPTUNE

1. 2 Half Marathons within a 16 day time frame.

2. 3 Half Marathons within a 90 day time frame.
_______________________________________________________________

URANUS

1. 3 Half Marathons within a 16 day time frame.

2. 6 Half Marathons in 6 consecutive calendar months.

3. 8 - 11 Half Marathons within 365 days.
_______________________________________________________________

SATURN

1. 4 Half Marathons within 37 days.

2. 12 - 18 Half Marathons within 365 days.

3. 4 Half Marathons in 4 different US states, Countries or Canadian Provinces (any combination) 51 days.

I know that I can at least get in at the Neptune level by doing Tink HM this Sunday and 2 area HMs by the beginning of April. I'd really like to try to shoot for the Uranus (OK, put the SNL thinking away!) level when I join but that would mean waiting until May to join. Yeah, again...I know...I said I wouldn't change my race schedule again...so sue me!! lol! At least only 2 of the races following Tink will require overnight stays...the rest I can drive to the morning of the race albeit at earlier than o'dark hundred!

So, these are the races that will get me into the Half Fanatics Club barring any unforseen injury or lack of fundage!

Tinkerbell HM - 1/29/12 - Anaheim, CA
Pecos Valley Stampede HM - 2/25/12 - Roswell, NM
Bloodgusher HM - 3/31/12 - Midland, TX and/or
Wayland Wellness HM - 4/7/12 - Plainview, TX

Wish me luck! :) Seriously...who would have ever thought that I'd actually want to run?!?! lol!

Note to self: You know, if you throw in the Hobbs Centennial HM (4/21), the OKC Memorial HM (4/29) and the Hope & Healing HM (5/13) on top of everything else, you can qualify for the Saturn level. Hmmmm?


100 Days Challenge:

  • 3.15 mile run in 37:41 minutes
  • 50 minute Aqua Zumba class

What I Ate Today:

  • 8oz hot water with lemon
  • 1 Honey Stinger Waffle (honey flavor)
  • 2 pepperoni french bread pizzas on Bolillo rolls (breakfast & dinner)
  • 2 oranges
  • 20 oz G2
This has not been a good eating day...  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment