Friday, December 9, 2011

Pain, pain...go away!

Shows exactly where my pain was tonight on the left hip.
Totally different area than my ITBS pain.
I'm starting to get a bit frustrated with my body. After successfully completing the 10K last Saturday I have two failed runs this week. Tuesday I only got 1.83 miles on the treadmill before my ITBS started kicking in. Then today I only about 1.5 miles on a run with the big grand pup before I began having some pain in my left hip flexors...didn't seem like ITBS pain. Ah...if it's not one thing or another! I've got a 5K night run this Sunday that I'm hoping to run but we'll have to see. At least it is a run or walk...that way I won't feel so bad if I do have to walk! lol. I'm actually hoping that PT will keep me a little longer when they do the re-eval on the 19th, but that also means that I won't be able to run the Tinkerbell HM for sure...it'll mean a definite walk event. Well, I'll just have to work a little harder to strengthen my core, hip flexors and quads. I'll just have to kick the strength training up a notch and slowly build up the running which probably means not much of a taper before the actual race. What a life...

No comments:

Post a Comment