Monday, December 12, 2011

A Classic: White Christmas

As I'm typing this I'm watching Irving Berlin's White Christmas...my all time favorite Christmas movie! They just don't make movies or musicals like that anymore. Singing and dancing by Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney and Vera-Ellen...some of the greatest movie performers of the golden age of Hollywood.

I am a huge fan of the 1930-1950's movies, particularly the musicals. You could understand the words to the music, the music had melodies, the dancing was classic and smooth, the costumes were beautiful...it was just a glorious time for movie making. The actors...all the aforementioned ones in White Christmas, Frank Sinatra, Natalie Wood, Fred Astaire, Katherine Hepburn, and I could go on and on...I would be a happy camper if they started making movies like those back then.

Well, I'm going to get back to concentrating and enjoying four hours of White Christmas (a back to back showing). Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment