Thursday, November 3, 2011

My "Mouse" moniker...

OK, those of you who've known me online for a long time already probably know why I refer to myself as "Mouse", "Mrs. Mouse" or "MouseRN"...but for those who don't know it's not because I'm quiet or meek, typically once you get to know me in real life you'll see that I'm definitely not that. As for in online life...it's almost impossible to get me to shut up! Anyway, here's the basic story...When I met my husband we were both active duty Air Force at Mather AFB in the Sacramento, California metro. When I met him he was a quiet, shy, guy who basically just went with the flow and didn't throw up too much of a fuss. Because of his quiet nature the guys in his shop nicknamed him "Mouse." Then he hooked up with me...bad news. lol! Anyway, his quiet nature didn't last for long afterwards, but the nickname stuck. So after we got married 10 weeks later, I automatically became "Mrs. Mouse"...now, no one really called me that it was just something I chose for myself.  After I got my RN license I took on the online moniker of "MouseRN" which is what I go by most of the time unless someone beaten me to the name on a website  (and someone out there has). So if you ever see a MouseRN on a website you frequent...there's a pretty fair chance that it might be me...

No comments:

Post a Comment