Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Changes upcoming...

No, not changes to my blog but rather changes to me. You see, earlier this year...mid May to be exact...I started exercising again after nearly a decade of minimal to non-existent exercise. In July I decided I wanted to run a half marathon, so I joined the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training to train for the Tinkerbell Half Marathon in Disneyland in January 2012 plus raise funds for the fight against blood cancers (check out my training/fundraising page at 13.1 Miles to Never Never Land). My goal since than has been to get fit enough to run/walk this race and lose weight/firm up. I've looked at many, many images of women's bodies on the internet and thought "That's what I want to look like...", but this morning came to the realization that I have to decide what is right for myself and attainable for me. There have been many photos of women and girls who have lost 50+ pounds in 5-6 months...I only have about 20-25 pounds more to lose depending on the day and if I'm traveling (I've already lost about 25) to reach my goal weight in the low 120's. So...rather than base my perception of what/who I want to look like when I reach that goal or even earlier these are the changes I want to see in my own body from head to feet:

  1. Total loss of what remains of the double chin.
  2. Lifting of the chest area...reverse the early sag! LOL!
  3. I want to be able to see my abs...they don't have to be perfect or really cut, but I want definition.
  4. Smaller waist...I do actually have a waist now, just want it a bit smaller.
  5. Smaller hips...again, I just want them a bit smaller.
  6. I want an ass!! I have Asian ass...flat, no roundness! It's getting better, but has a long way to go.
  7. To be able to see totally between my thighs...those inner upper thighs just won't go away!
  8. Lose the small saddlebags.
  9. I want to look FIT, not skinny!
I'm going to keep looking for pics that exemplify how I see myself looking, but it's up to me to get to where I want to be...I don't want to compare myself to someone, I just want a visual as to how I want to look as a goal. Does that make any sense?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment