Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Happy Turkey Day everyone! We don't have much planned, for the first time in several years I'm not cooking anything at all (OK, well maybe I'll bake a pumpkin pie...from the freezer). We're going to be in Lubbock at the Turkey Trot 12K which I was supposed to run until I got sidelined. The old man is going to go ahead and run the race while I volunteer at packet pickup and on course direction. We'll probably go to Furr's or Golden Corral (or Joe's Crab Shack if they're open) for lunch, possibly a movie (The Muppets, Immortals, Happy Feet 2 or Puss in Boots) and then head back home for the normal night of watching TV, vegging and some homemade, traditional recipe (pork and shrimp) won ton soup. I guess it's a good thing we're not parade or football people! Anyway, from my family to yours have a Happy Thanksgiving and try not to get caught up in Black Friday tomorrow, I know I won't!

Addendum: The hubs finished his first solo race, the West Texas Running Club 12K Turkey Trot. He was at the back of the pack, but at least he finished. Final time 1:45:00.


No comments:

Post a Comment