Saturday, November 19, 2011

6 Hour Zumbathon Fundraiser!!

I'm sitting here watching the long lasting Zumba die hards during the 5th hour of a 6 hour Zumbathon to benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. We started with a field of close to 50 people and now we're down to about 22! So much activity!! It's been a great day although I would have liked to join in I did sneak in a few shakes and shimmy's here and there but I may have done just a bit too much because my hip is aching a bit. The final tally of the funds raised needs to be determined still but I sure that it's enough to have brought me over my minimum of $2,750 in my fundraising. I'll post an update here and on my training page once all the counting is done but I'm thinking it's over $800.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the instructors from the local area who volunteered their time to teach free to support this endeavor:

Robin Haislett - formerly of ENMU HPE Dept, currently a graduate student/instructor in mass communications at Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX.

Brienna Scott - Zumba instructor at Clovis Community College and Pure Energy Fitness Studio and Zumba Toning instructor at First Methodist Church, Clovis, NM.

Ashley Pyle-Goldbaum - Zumba/Zumbatomic (Kid's)/Family Zumba instructor and owner of Pure Energy Fitness Studio and Aqua Zumba instructor at Clovis Community College.

Monica Vigil - Zumba/Zumba Toning instructor at V's Sports & More

Nicole Stine - Zumba instructor at Clovis Family YMCA & evening Zumba instructor at Cannon AFB Fitness Center

Nora Swanagan - Zumba instructor at Clovis Family YMCA

Brienna Scott

Ashley Pyle-Goldbaum

Monica Vigil
Without these ladies this event couldn't have been possible!! Many deep thanks for your support!!

I'm hoping that everyone who attended had a great time and a great workout!! Let's do this again soon...next one will be before May 2012!!

I'll post more pics after I get settled back at home later today!




No comments:

Post a Comment