Friday, November 18, 2011

Black Friday...NOT!

Next Friday is Black Friday...I really don't remember the last that I participated in that madness. I really hate the craziness that occurs on this specific day the waiting in line for a supposedly "good" or "great" deal, the fighting to get what you want, waking up before dawn to ensure that you're at the front of the line to enter, etc. In recent years people have died in the frenzy...how stupid! Instead, I'll be at home chillin', probably watching some TV or playing on the laptop. Heck, for all of Christmas we're buying a total of 5 presents...that's it. Christmas is not what it used to be. Sales beginning at midnight on Black Friday...when I was a kid they started at 8am! Christmas goods up and out weeks before Thanksgiving. I'm not a religious person, but I do certainly believe that each holiday has their own season so why don't retailers follow that flow? Crazy. So good luck to you that are making your strategic plans...sending family members to different departments or even different stores. Better you than me!! lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment