Sunday, February 12, 2012

Until there's a cure...there is no finish line!


A few days ago, when I had my TNT purple hair dyed back to a more normal dark auburn, I found out that again cancer had struck someone I knew. I hadn't seen this particular person, a nurse I used to work with when I first arrived in town, much over the years after I left the hospital. I'd bump into her occasionally at a doctor's office, in the mall or at WalMart. The last time I saw her was probably about, if not over, a year ago. She seemed well and we chatted briefly before going on our separate ways. When I went to get my hair colored I found out that she had been diagnosed with cancer back in October and was not expected to make it through the day. I have not heard anything yet but it really wasn't looking good as of early last week.

So, I'm going to take this post to ask you to please join me in the fight against cancer. Please support one of the following organizations that I have been fundraising for with a donation. Simply click on their logo to go to my fundraising page. Thank you!
Accepting donations until the end of February 2012

$5 minimum online donation, mail in form available


100 Days Challenge:

  • Day 43
    • 33 minutes strengthening PT exercises

What I Ate Today:

  • French bread Pepperoni pizza on a Bolillo roll
  • 60 oz G2
  • ½ cup Mongolian beef
  • 1½ cups white rice

No comments:

Post a Comment