Monday, February 13, 2012

Reality bits

Yeah, the title is right it is supposed to say "bits" rather than "bites." I was just perusing my blog last night and this morning when I realized that a great deal of my latest posts have been about my running. I have to tell you, I don't picture this as a running blog but more of an eclectic mix of whatever comes to mind at the moment that I decide to write the post. With that being said let me meander through a few thoughts that are in my head at the moment.

Last night the little grand pup, Charley, unexpectedly came for a visit for about an hour. His mommy had driven the nearly 4 hours in snow to drop a friend off from the Albuquerque Sunport (Airport) and then turn around for the trip home. Really? She dropped Charley off with me while she and her roommate/SO (so confused about the relationship) went to have some dinner before heading back up to Albuquerque. Poor Charley didn't seem like his normally chipper self. He barely acknowledged me, no kisses whatsoever, wanted to spend most of his time alone out in the snow unless I put him up on the bed (he didn't even try to jump up by himself) and just seemed to be depressed. I was so sad and I worry about him. IMHO he needs to come home to grandma and live with the pack again. I actually cried for a little bit after he left to go back with his mommy. He'll be back to see us, if not stay with us, eventually. :(

A few days ago I had a sudden occurrence of some really negative thinking just out of the blue and totally unexpected. The whole episode lasted about 30 minutes and I didn't act on anything, but I know that something like that is one of the first signs that an impending depression will likely start within the month. It only makes sense...ever since I was diagnosed in 1997 I could set a watch to the deepest depressions that would occur every, and I do mean every, spring typically in late February or early to mid March. Nowadays my depressions hit anytime of year but only very rarely in the summer...it's all that extra sunlight and being able to be outside more. So, with this early indication of an impending crash of my mental health, I've added back a low dose of an antidepressant, Wellbutrin SR, at 100 mg daily to allow time for it to kick in before things get bad. I'll probably be back on this med, and maybe back up to my usual 150mg dose, for at least 6 months. Joy. Hopefully it'll only be the Wellbutrin and lithium that I'll need to be on. I really don't want to throw more meds into the mix since I'm running.

Lastly, have I mentioned how much I hate housework? That's what's staring me in the face at the moment so I guess I ought to stop blogging. So wish me luck! Have a great Monday!
100 Days Challenge: 
  • Day 44
    • 50 minute Aqua Zumba class
What I Ate Today:
  • 1 bacon croissant-wich from Weinerschnitzel
  • 1 hash brown patty
  • 10 oz orange juice
  • 20 oz G2
  • 32 oz Pepsi
  • 1 Bacon cheeseburger w/ grilled onions & mushrooms from Baby J's Grille
  • ~3 cups overdone french fries
Lousy eating for running a half marathon tomorrow!! :(




No comments:

Post a Comment