Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My name is Beth & I am a running addict

Oh dear! Yeah, I know I said that I wasn't going to change my race schedule for the upteenth time but today I found a discount code for the Rock & Roll Denver Marathon/Half Marathon on September 22. The discount was for $29 off of the $95 registration fee. I love a good bargain so I couldn't pass it up. I could've applied it to the half marathon...but no...I went and signed up for the full 26.2 miles in a city a mile up in the air. That's even 900'-1000' higher than where I live. I guess hope that I'll acclimate easily and the course elevation chart actually look fairly flat with about a 200' max elevation change.



I also switched around and removed some races. I'll be doing a half marathon in Wichita Falls, TX on Saturday that I'm not too worried about. On the 25th I'll be in Tucson to run yet another half marathon...I'm trying to figure out now whether I'll be flying or driving to that one. The following weekend I'll be running back to back half marathons. On March 31st I'll be in Midland, TX for the Bloodgusher HM in the morning then drive to Ardmore, OK (almost 7 hour drive) to run the A2A HM the following day...April Fools Day, sadly this is not a joke! lol!

Motorola MotoACTV
I'm all registered for these races so I won't be registering for the May through September races until next month. I am waiting for the WDW Wine & Dine Half Marathon and Family 5K's registration which open on March 13 so that I can pay for that ASAP.

Lastly, I'm on the verge of ordering a Motorola MotoACTV at $249. I need something smaller than my phone for the half marathons but I need something that will also track my run (GPS) as well as hold music should I decide to listen to some when I run. It's much more affordable than the Garmin GPS watches that I've been looking at which run $400-$500.

I've said it before...whoever said that running was a cheap sport was lying and definitely was not a techie!! lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment