Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Monthly cooking plans

Well, all the food that I cooked during the first week of the year is almost gone. We have about 5 bags of taco meat (4 servings each), 2 Caribbean Jerk chicken breasts and 4 servings of soup left. That means it's just about time to plan another massive crockpot cooking adventure for another month to month and a half's worth of food. I can't tell you how convenient it has been to just pull something out of the freezer to heat up and only need to make quick sides like rice, potatoes or veggies! So, what's on the menu for the next cooking excursion? I know that there will be:

  • Vegetarian chili
  • Texas style beef chili
  • 3 Meat Jambalaya x2
  • Honey & Orange Tofu x2
  • Shrimp Etouffee x2
  • SBD Savory Chicken Saute x2
  • Pork & Shrimp Wonton x3 (should make about 180 pieces)
I've got to look around for some new crock pot recipes to try out, maybe 3 of them. Once I figure out the new recipes that should be enough food to get up to the end of next month all done.

Possible new recipes to try:
  • Crock pot Flank Steak Fajitas
  • Salisbury Steak and Carmelized Onion Gravy (Crockpot)
  • Crock pot BBQ Ribs (YES!)
  • Crock pot Pork Chops
  • Crock pot Lasagna (for carb loading weeks)
  • Crock pot Spaghetti (for carb loading weeks)
If you have any to die for crock pot recipes that you think I might be interested in trying, just leave the recipe in the comments please! I likely won't be cooking until the weekend or next week.

100 Days Challenge:
  • 1½ mile walk with the grandpup in 20 minutes
  • Turbo Sculpt video workout 39 minutes

What I Ate Today:
  • 8 chocolate chip cookies
  • 12 oz non-fat, lactose free milk
  • 3oz beef tips
  • ½ cup white rice
  • 1¼ cup steamed broccoli
  • 32 oz iced tea with 6 packets Splenda (in 2 servings)
  • 1½ cups cheddar & broccoli soup
  • 20 oz G2
  • 1 bag microwave popcorn

Alkalete Review Day 9:
So, after running 13.22 miles yesterday I expected to be sore quite a bit today, but that wasn't the case. Granted, the first day after a long run I'm not usually very sore so we'll have to wait to see if I'm walking tomorrow! I feel pretty good...took the grand pup to the park and walked around a bit. Got ready for Aqua Zumba but class was cancelled due to only 3 of us showing up (the other 2 ladies just swam, but since I don't swim...well). If I'm not sore tomorrow I'll be impressed, but for now I'll just have to wait and see...







No comments:

Post a Comment