Sunday, March 4, 2012

Motorola MotoACTV : First Use Review

Today I decided to try to do a 10 mile run (after yesterday's half marathon) just to see how it would feel to do a double...as in the double half marathons I have at the end of the month. Well, that didn't go too well. I was only able to get 3.34 miles done before my quads started burning so bad I had to stop. Ahhhh...it's not looking too good for my double. It's a good thing that I have 3 weeks off to train and start doing some back to back mid to long runs to prep for the double.

One benefit to the run today was that I got to try my Motorola MotoACTV for the first time. It did take me awhile to really figure it out but once I got everything set it was pretty much a breeze to work. I still have to do a pace set up/fitness test which I'll probably do on Tuesday when I go out for the run/walk club meetup. The MP3 player is great, nice clear sound quality even in the basic ear buds that come with the unit. I have the wristband and I thought that the wired ear buds might be a pain, but I just ran the cord through my shirt sleeve and down my arm. Even with the excess cord flopping in the wind it didn't get in the way as I thought it might. Unfortunately the built in microphone on the ear buds provides poor sound quality to the receiver of the call.  I'd like to upgrade to the Bluetooth, wireless headphones with built in pulse rate monitor (no chest strap required) to rid myself of the wiring and to be able to monitor my heart rate. The problem is that Motorola no longer has the wireless, pulse monitoring headphones for some reason...but I'm keeping my eyes out for them. The swiping of screens is smooth and set up of the unit itself is pretty painless. Keeping in mind that this was the first time I've used it, I'm loving it so far. More on the MotoACTV to come soon...

Oh...BTW...I found a St. Paddy's day half marathon in Midland, Texas. Someone please talk me out of doing it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment