Saturday, April 28, 2012

Since I Can't Sleep #2: I Can't Believe I Won Something!

Well, maybe this post title will be a lucky theme for me! In my original "Since I Can't Sleep" post, I was notified about winning a prize! Of course, since I hadn't been blogging regularly I didn't see the notification and I don't remember getting and email notifying me of a new comment from Blogger. Oh well! I'll be getting a doozy of a prize to help pamper my feet and those hard, dry heels I've dealt with for most of my life (started when I danced as a kid and running isn't helping much!). I'll be receiving the Emjoi Micro Pedi sometime in the next week or so and once I've used it awhile I'll post a review. Thanks to Valiant over at For the Love of the Run for picking me!! :D


Anyway...tonight I'm sitting in the little temporary lodging facility (TLF - basically a small 1 bedroom apartment) here at the Indian Hills Lodging facility on Tinker AFB, Oklahoma on the eve of the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon/Half Marathon/5K (I'm doing the half...maybe the full in a year or two). Of course my alarm (the first of 3) is set to go off in 3 hours and 3 minutes with subsequent alarms going off in 15 minute increments (no, I'm not just hitting the snooze button). The loss of 1 hour due to crossing an eastern border is not fun. I've been in bed for the past hour trying to sleep and I dare not take anything (natural or man made) that might cause me to sleep through my alarms. I'm really half tempted to open up the sofa sleeper and see if I can fall asleep on it. But truthfully, although I'm tired I'm not "sleepy" tired. Maybe it's also the fact that I'm sleeping next to the A/C unit and getting the air blown on me. I wonder if he would notice if I turned it off? Or maybe it's the fact that we sleep in a king sized bed at home and here we're in a double. Or maybe it's the noise from is bi-pap (similar to c-pap) machine and the fact that he is that much closer to me in the bed. I really don't know, but I guess I'll give it a try again. 

Another sticker I have to add to my car...
with all the others that still need to be added!
Well, please wish me luck...between the inevitable lack of sleep (which will improve at the memorial/prayer service at 5:30am) and my left hip/pelvis/piriformis/ITB./whatever...being pretty achy I'm definitely not looking for PR. However, if you ever have the chance to visit the OKC Memorial/Museum I recommend it highly. We visited it a few years ago when we were in town and I was in tears the whole time...very moving! Tomorrow will be a new experience being there in the memorial at sunrise, the 168 seconds of silence,  the service and finally the race...I can't wait! The race report will hopefully follow not too soon after! G'nite!

AFTERTHOUGHT: 
Oh, did I forget to mention that we're in a thunderstorm watch until 2am with the potential for 3" hail, severe lightning and wind gusts to 70mph...and I can hear it starting outside now? Not the hail...yet...thankfully! Check out the wonderful race weather I can expect...I'm just planning for rain and packing an emergency poncho in my hydration belt since I'm not too fond of being wet...joy. Last year the rain threw down and the runners got pelted with large hail. I'm hoping it's not going to be a repeat!!




No comments:

Post a Comment