Friday, April 27, 2012

Welcome to My World

Sorry, I couldn't help it! ;)
OK. So it seems that tweaking my race schedule has become my favorite thing to do. Why can't I just leave well enough alone? Early this morning I thought that I had my total 2012-2014 schedule planned out. The way I put it when I posted it on one of my Facebook running groups was: "Races will only be canceled due to lack of $$/vehicle, gas over $6/gal, severe injury that can't be supported with tape/other eternal supports, severe illness/death. I'll sleep in my Explorer if I have to if I can't afford hotels or I'll tow our tiny travel trailer if gas isn't too expensive." Well, I got thrown a curve ball when a new "local" marathon/half marathon/5K was announced today. Plus I knew I needed to add a Ragnar Relay in but was focusing on my marathon planning instead. So now I have to make some adjustments.

I'm changing my double half of the Rock & Roll Denver Half Marathon and a planned half marathon in either Jackson Hole or Omaha. Instead I'm going to fly into Denver Friday, race on Saturday, fly back to Amarillo ($60 cheaper than flying into Lubbock) and drive to Lubbock to stay overnight and race on Sunday in the full marathon. I had been hoping to do the Goofy Challenge in Walt Disney World in January, but since I can't I may as well make my own challenge on this particular weekend.

As far as Ragnar goes...I'm thinking the Napa Ragnar Relay in September of this year or next. I don't know if 4 months will be enough time to plan the logistics for a 12 person team (each person runs 3-8 miles three times). We'd need to coordinate the team, wrangle two 15 passenger vans, get the snackage together, etc. Maybe 2013 would be a better choice...

I don't know. I'm a total lunatic about running now. It's an illness. I know...(as I start getting ready to clean and pack for the Oklahoma City Memorial Half Marathon...)

No comments:

Post a Comment