Monday, June 4, 2012

Chi Running and Marathons

About a month ago one of the local trainers brought in an instructor from Albuquerque who teaches Chi Running techniques. Now, if you don't know what Chi running is think of it as a technique that incorporates the balance of Tai Chi, natural movement and rhythm and balance as a whole when running. They can explain it better to you at their website. Anyway, the husband was able to attend the group and apparently enjoyed it (although he hasn't started running again yet) and he brought home DVD of the technique as well. I do way better viewing new techniques rather than just reading about them, mainly because I don't like to read much. So I just happened to view the DVD last week and even tried incorporating some of the technique into my trail runs this weekend...so not a good mix...new running technique and being a newbie to trail running. Anyway, I'll try to incorporate the Chi techniques into my upcoming half marathon on Sunday.

Anyway, this morning I found out that the founder of Chi Running has come out with a brand new book, Chi Marathon, directed at running marathons using the Chi technique. Since I'll be training for my first full marathon in January very, very soon I'd love to see what he has to say so that maybe I can integrate some of the run-walk-run intervals that I use (Galloway or Higdon training) with the Chi running to keep from causing so much discomfort to my hips and knees. So that's it. I'll let you know how it goes once I do start my marathon training. And if you're just curious about the book check it out here or win one from Running Diva Mom.




No comments:

Post a Comment